June 17, 2008

Toy Chest

I have had this old chest that my dad gave me since high school and I was trying to figure out what to do with it. I wanted to fix it up and sand it and refinish it, but really didn't have the time or the money to do so. We had fixed Kleyn's room up to be a CARS room and I had some fleece Mater material. I brought the chest in from the garage, cleaned it up and stapled the material to the top. It worked out pretty great because the old faded chest kind of fits with the rusted Mater look. :) It gave us a lot more space and a good place to put all of Kleyn's toys. Now he uses his closet for a garage for all of his cars instead of a catch all and big mess of toys. He has since learned not to climb in and out of it and not shut the lid without my help. He smashed his finger trying to close it once, but that's all it took him to learn. I need to find something that will hold it open or lock it open. I'm not sure what kind of hardwear I would need, though.

No comments: