February 21, 2008

Wedding-June 12, 2004













Danny and I had our wedding all set up for June 4th, but his family couldn't make it, so we postponed it until the 12th. I went to Christina's house to get ready while Danny and the rest of the family got everything set up. It was really hard for me to let go and not get involved with the set up and everything. I think I'm a little bit of a control freak. The wedding was short and simple. We had Andy, Sarah, and Robin Dobbe read some poems and then we got married at noon by Bishop Bill Taylor. Danny of course made everyone laugh when he said "Loving you is like circle track racing-you go round and round in circles, but it never gets old." The I had to go after him and be all mushy and stuff.
We had a reception from 1 to 4 that afternoon. We didn't really have a line because I didn't want everyone to have to stand there. I put together a couple of CDs, but Danny's not much of a dancer, so I only got him to dance once. My dad asked one of our old family friends to come take pictures because I had just planned on friends and family taking snapshots. He knew I would regret not having some good pictures of my wedding.
Our colors were blue and green. We served brownies, Reed's Dairy mint chip ice cream, and Italian sodas. The dress and cake were made by my dad. The flowers were done by Danny's older sister, Jayme. My maid of honor was Christina Kavran and Danny's best man was his brother, Andy. I wore my five inch platform flip-flops. My mom thought that was about as good as when our whole senior class wore flip-flops for graduation. My mother-in-law Sandy sang some songs for the reception. My little sister, Whittney, did my hair and make-up. Danny's little sister, Tonya was my bubble girl and his other little sister, Alysha, held my train.
It was a really nice afternoon, but there was a storm moving in. We were really lucky that the storm hit just after four and Danny and I were on the road to Washington for our honeymoon.

The Bairds
Janae, Andy, Danny, Kaelynn, Sarah, Jayme Harlow
Alysha, Sandy, Dan, and Tonya



The Crowleys

Stephanie and Matt Nelson, Danny, Kaelynn, Mishelle, Whittney
Lynn and Kathy
My Girls
Jayme Harlow, Stephanie Nelson, Mishelle Crowley, Sarah Baird, Whittney Crowley, Alysha Baird, Janae Baird
Christina Kavran, Kaelynn Baird, and Tonya Baird
The Boys
Matt Nelson, Dan Baird, Danny Baird, Andy Baird, and Lynn Crowley





The Rings
The Cake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Correction: I was you bubble girl C=