February 21, 2008

Snowboarding-Jan 2004

I had wanted to go snowboarding for so long and nobody had ever taken me. Danny decided to take me because his sister had left her gear here and it fit me. We went on a trip with my sister and her husband to Pebble Creek. This was my first time, so Danny, being the wonderful guy that he is, wanted to teach me. I don't know what it was, but having a guy that I had known for five months and been engaged to for three trying to teach me just wasn't working. I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me and I was getting really upset. He thought I was being such a pansy and didn't know how else to help me. My sister finally decided to take over for him so he could go have some fun on the top of the mountain with my brother in law. Steph had taken a class at ISU, so she taught me some of the basics she learned there and I had so much fun. I flipped over once and hit my head really hard, but other than that the trip was awesome. :) The weather got pretty bad towards the end of the day, so we went to my grandma's house and played risk. Stephanie got really upset at Matt because he kept rolling sixes. I had been really worried about Danny not being able to teach me and us not being able to communicate, but seeing my sister who had been married for four years getting upset with her husband over a board game made me see that we would have our problems, but they wouldn't be anything we couldn't overcome.

No comments: