February 25, 2008

Baird Reunion-May 2005

The Bairds have a family reunion every year in May. We all travel to Rupert, ID to see a bunch of people that I don't know, but I really don't feel too bad because Danny doesn't know most of them either. The older folks sit around and talk about the family and who belongs to who and then they have a program and some food and sit around talking some more. I have figured out the routine after four years. We go, eat, sit through the program, and then when the older folks get to talking all of the first cousins go outside and keep the young kids entertained. It's pretty fun, but every year the cousins always talk about how it is just getting to big and they need to have their own reunion starting from Grandma Baird down.
This particular year I was pregnant with Kleyn. Instead of just staying for the reunion and going home, everyone usually makes a weekend out of it, so we all have to figure out sleeping arrangements. Because of work, we didn't get to go very early, so we ended up sleeping outside on an air mattress in a tent. It wasn't too bad, but man Kleyn was kicking like crazy the whole night.
The other big thing that I remember about this reunion is that Jayme had her first baby six months earlier and all of the mothers decided to share their wonderful pregnancy and childbirth stories with me. Needless to say, there were quite a few (Danny's mom had seven), and they all freaked me out. I went to bed that night crying because I was so scared to have a baby. Kind of late for that, though.

No comments: