February 25, 2008

My First Pregnancy

I found out I was pregnant the first week of December, 2004. I was so excited, but we didn't know if we wanted to tell people right away. I'm really not good at keeping my emotions in check, and I was playing for the AIDS benefit that weekend. I could not stop crying the whole time. My dad, sisters, and dad's friend, Melanie, all asked if I was pregnant before I could even tell them.
I was really nervous, so I made Danny go to all of my doctor's appointments with me. We started buying neutral colored clothes and blankets and started planning the baby room.
We went in for the ultrasound on March 29th and found out that he was a boy. We had already talked about naming him Kleyn because that was Danny's middle name. We couldn't agree on a middle name until I saw Austin on a magazine and Danny said it fit. I had to be weird and spell it with a y, though.
Danny's mom and sisters moved in with us in July because Dan was switching jobs again. It was really tense for a while, but looking back, I don't know what I would have done without the help. Sandy got the baby room all ready and painted it and carpeted it. She is such an awesome mother-in-law.
I worked at Carino's right up until the day after my due date. Kleyn decided he was going to be late, so I spent four more days sitting at home waiting. I would have rather been working.
Danny decided that he wanted to go racing the weekend I was due. He didn't think it would be smart to leave his very pregnant wife at home, so I went with him. His logic was that if I went into labor at the racetrack, he could take me to the hospital from there. I really think he wanted me to go into labor because he had me helping in the pits and lifting the hood off of his car.
On the 11th of August, I started getting contractions at 1:00am. I couldn't sleep, so I stayed up timing the contractions and doing my scrapbooks for six hours. At 7 am they were seven minutes apart, but I was so tired, so I took a nap. I woke up at 10 am and they were back to 30 minutes apart. Danny was so excited that he stayed home from work just in case. He hung out with me and took me on walks and all that fun stuff. 10 pm rolled around and we still weren't ready to go. He told me that I needed to try and get some sleep. I laid down, but I couldn't sleep because the contractions were staying steady and were getting closer. I timed them for four more hours when they were getting to be five minutes apart. I started to get really queasy and sick to my stomach. I knew everything else was going to happen, but nobody told me about that part. I called the hospital and asked them when I should come in. They told me I could go in whenever I wanted, but they might just check me and send me home. I didn't really want that to happen, so I decided to wait a little while longer. After fifteen minutes I had thrown up twice and was getting pretty worried. Danny got up and drove me to the hospital at 2 am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i remember that day! we were going through all the costumes and just dressing up for the heck of it! that was an awesome day =]