February 21, 2008

Engagement-Oct. 23, 2003

I was hanging out with Danny's family waiting for him to get home. When he got home he changed into his basketball shorts and Homer slippers...that's it...really attractive. ;) His brother, dad, and little sister Lysha were watching TV, his mom was in the kitchen, and his sisters, Janae and Tonya, and I were looking up something on the computer. Danny walked in with a cup of hot chocolate for me knowing that I never turned it down. I really wasn't in the mood for hot chocolate, though. I told him I didn't want it and he told me I really did. I started to get annoyed because he wouldn't drop it. I was still looking at the computer screen as I started to stir my drink. Danny was getting impatient, so he took the hot chocolate, drank half of it, and gave it back to me. I was thinking that he was being such a jerk when his little sister said "What's that?" I looked down and there was a little plastic bag in my hot chocolate. He took the bag out, rinsed off the ring (because the bag hadn't been closed all the way), came back, and knelt in front of me. His sisters started screaming, I started crying, his dad and brother stayed in the TV room being typical guys. He told me that he had asked my dad a week earlier and he had called my mom on his way home from buying the ring that evening. Danny was planning on waiting until my birthday...and then Christmas...and then thanksgiving...and then Halloween...and by the time he got home he decided he just couldn't wait.

No comments: