October 12, 2010

Some day I'll learn...

Birthdays!
Kleyn turned 5 this year and he's in kindergarten. He's growing up so fast, but he's still as scrawny as his dad. :)
We did two birthday cakes because I originally wanted to do a treasure chest with gold coins, but I couldn't find them anywhere. That afternoon we went to another little girl's birthday party and they had gold coins. The chest didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but I know where to get the coins now. :)
Danny's getting old! I tried to make him a Mario cake, but I don't have the right kind of food coloring for icing. It turned out pink and baby blue. He didn't care, though. He still got strawberry cake with strawberry frosting.
Grandpa Lynn made all the kids' cakes this year. I wasn't quite ready to go all out girly for Dannika, so she got Tigger. I also didn't let her mess up the whole cake, just the face. I guess I didn't feel like being as wasteful. I hope she doesn't hold it against me when she sees in her scrapbook that she didn't get the whole thing. :)
Sandy made her a really cute dress. I couldn't choose which picture to put up. It took a while to get here (darn post office) ;), but it was worth it.

No comments: