I couldn't find any material to make the ties out of, so I had to buy the right colors and sew the strips together. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to do it, but I think they turned out alright. I also didn't want to spend a ton on material, so I searched through the boxes and bags I have in the basement and found some old button up shirts my dad gave me. I cut the sleeves out and reversed them, brought the shoulders in, took off all the buttons, and hemmed everything. It's not the greatest looking Hogwarts robe and I know it definitely looks home-made, but it works. :) Next weekend we're going to decorate our wands. Shells is bringing Kleyn's glasses tomorrow, so all I have to get him is some black hair spray.

I made Kaleb's tie first and I had him wear his suit jacket to get the effect. I need to get his robe done, but now that I know how to make it out of an old shirt, it shouldn't take too long. Then all he will need is red hair spray.

I haven't decided if I am going to put Dannika in a skirt or just let her wear black pants like the boys. I'm also not quite sure how to do her robe. I'm pretty sure she won't keep any of it on for long, but I hope we can at least get one good family picture to put on our calendars for next year and in the scrapbook.

Dad came and helped me with my suit jacket. I found the perfect skirt pattern, too, but it was a pattern he had used before and the pieces we need weren't in the package. I went to buy another one and they don't make it anymore. :( I'll have to improvise. It didn't take very long with him reading the pattern and me sewing. I still have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to reading patterns, but Dad says it just takes practice and patience. *SIGH* I'm really excited, though. I love that my family lets me dress them up in themed costumes. :)

Danny is just going to wear his black scrubs with a black shirt and I already bought him a black wig. I need to trim it a little bit and see if I can get it to sit straighter, but it'll do. We borrowed a couple of capes from my dad, but I think I might to try and make him his own.
I was getting a little bit nervous because I hadn't started on them and time seems to be flying by me. Thanks for coming to help me Daddy-O!!!
2 comments:
Great job on your costumes so far! I love your pink jacket! Can't wait to see them all done!
ha how fun :D can't wait to see the end result
Post a Comment