Here are some of the dishes we have tried recently.
Confit Byaldi
This is the recipe they used for the movie Ratatouille. I planted japanese eggplant just so I could try it, but the plants didn't make it this year. My Aunt Teresa also planted some in her garden and sent some up with my grandma. I had a lot of fun and it was really pretty, but it's not quite worth the time that goes into it. It was more like a glorified spaghetti sauce and Danny thinks it needed a little bit of meat. I'm glad I got to try it, though.

Before it was cooked,

and after.

I tried this Chicken with Apples and Cider recipe from a Weight Watchers cookbook that I found.
Danny really liked the chicken and the onions, but he didn't think the apples fit. In the words of our neighbor Cody "Fruit just doesn't belong on my dinner."

Danny really liked the chicken and the onions, but he didn't think the apples fit. In the words of our neighbor Cody "Fruit just doesn't belong on my dinner."I thought it tasted pretty good, but Danny told me I should try it with pork and then make the sauce a little more carmely. I had to remind him that I'm not a chef and I don't make my own recipes. I'm really good at following other people's recipes, though. If anyone has a good apples/pork recipe, let me know. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment