Last weeks adventures:
Wednesday-Corn Maze
I signed Kleyn up for his first field trip and we got to go to the corn maze. My mom was supposed to come with us to help with kids, but she ended up having to work. Kleyn was being a little bit shy because there were more high school/middle school kids than elementary. When they started the get to know you activities, he was being his normal stubborn self, but when they announced the groups to go into the corn maze he finally relaxed. We were given a map and a punch card with 12 squares on it. Searching through a corn maze with three little kids was definitely interesting, but they were little troopers. Kleyn was the first elementary kid to find all twelve punches and make it back. He was pretty excited to get a treat and a t-shirt. It took a little bit of coaxing to get a picture of him.
I bought a pumpkin and Kleyn decided that he wanted to draw on it instead of cutting it. This was just the first of many faces that are now covering it.
Thursday-Danny left me
I signed Kleyn up for his first field trip and we got to go to the corn maze. My mom was supposed to come with us to help with kids, but she ended up having to work. Kleyn was being a little bit shy because there were more high school/middle school kids than elementary. When they started the get to know you activities, he was being his normal stubborn self, but when they announced the groups to go into the corn maze he finally relaxed. We were given a map and a punch card with 12 squares on it. Searching through a corn maze with three little kids was definitely interesting, but they were little troopers. Kleyn was the first elementary kid to find all twelve punches and make it back. He was pretty excited to get a treat and a t-shirt. It took a little bit of coaxing to get a picture of him.
I bought a pumpkin and Kleyn decided that he wanted to draw on it instead of cutting it. This was just the first of many faces that are now covering it.
Thursday-Danny left meI left the kids with my mom while I dropped Danny off at the airport. Kleyn and I went to a missionary discussion at some friends' house and then I made a night of it by cleaning my house until 1:30 in the morning. I still couldn't sleep after that because my room was so cold, so I watched FRIENDS until the bed warmed up. I don't sleep well when Danny's not home. I just don't feel safe without him.
Friday-Typical day
We got through school, but not without a complete struggle. Kleyn was in time out for an hour and a half. I wish there were an easier way to deal with him sometimes. Sometimes I need better ways of explaining things to him, and sometimes he just needs to scream it out, I guess. People tell me I'm doing a good job, but I really wonder what else I should be doing with him.
Dannika was tired of waiting for people and started walking without any assistance.
I decided to work on some cards Friday night because I haven't gotten my craft stuff out for quite a while. It was a late night again, but I love being crafty. :)




Saturday-Family!

I decided to work on some cards Friday night because I haven't gotten my craft stuff out for quite a while. It was a late night again, but I love being crafty. :)




Saturday-Family!Kleyn, Kaleb, and I decided orange muffins sounded good for breakfast. I tried making my own recipe from scratch a while ago and it didn't turn out. This time we used an almond poppy seed mix and put orange extract in it. They smelled like orange and the batter tasted like orange, but after they were baked they tasted like almond. We're going to try them again, but with orange juice. Shells came up to visit since Blake was watching a football game. We were going to do some vinyl crafts, but I had all of my card making mess all over the table and she couldn't find what she wanted in my SVGs. I'm excited to see her project when she gets it done, though. :) We ended up making sugar cookies that looked like candy corns. They tasted really good, but they didn't look the best because I messed up the chocolate part. I guess substituting milk chocolate for semi-sweet isn't always the best choice. I didn't take pictures because they didn't look that great, but I'm trying them again this week, so I'll get some pictures this time.
My dad also came out to visit and brought us pizza for dinner. The kids got to hang out with him until bedtime. We watched How to Train Your Dragon (again). That is the boys' new favorite movie. They have asked to watch it every day this week. Dad helped me pick a song for the AIDS benefit while he was here, so I don't have to worry about that anymore.
I stayed up again until 2am making more cards. I have thought about trying to sell some at a craft fair, but I might be too late for this year.









Sunday-A day of rest?!?!?
I slept in a little later than I should have, but got us all up and ready within an hour. (I can now blame being late on Danny.) We had to be at church half an hour early because the choir was practicing. We usually sit in the back of the chapel, but because Danny was gone, it was a missionary report, so the gym was open, and I had to play the piano, I gave the kids the wonderful opportunity of sitting on the front row. The Warner girls pretty much took over Dannika and the boys came and sat on the stand while I played. I also got to play for the relief society and for two little girls to sing. It was a crazy day and I got to pass along and juggle Dannika quite a bit. I realized that having Danny around to help with kids really helps with my callings. He doesn't mind the snuggle time, either. :)
We went right from church to the airport to pick up Danny. There were the typical Sunday responsibilities after that, but everything is so much better/easier with Danny around. I love him and missed him so much! (Sorry for the cheese.)
1 comment:
Do you ever rest? You always seem so busy- with kids, baking, sewing, cards and other crafts. That is great that you had helpers at church! It definitely mkesyou relize how much your husband does and helps with when he is not there, huh? I enjoy reading your blog!
Post a Comment