I always thought hems and seams were supposed to be 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch. I never liked hemming because everything looked all wrong when I was done. Danny has decided that his pants just aren't long enough and we can't order his pants two inches longer, so we ordered the unhemmed ones and guess who gets to do the honors...
Well, I did try to pawn it off on Kleyn, but that didn't work, so yes, I get to do them. I measured Danny's old jeans and came to find out that they have a 1 inch hem. No wonder everything I ever tried to hem turned out looking stupid. I thought a 1 inch hem was so big, but they look pretty normal. Who'd have thunk. :)



I'm still not very good at sewing and mending clothes. I think I'll stick with the quilts.
1 comment:
no worries. Hems never look right. They are fresh. Stuff you buy in the store has been washed a few times afterward. Give it a few washes and they will look just like the store ones. Also you have to use the heavier top stitching thread, not just regular thread.
Post a Comment