For kindergarten today we went down to the church (safest place to ride bikes during harvest) and rode bikes around the parking lot. One of Kleyn's lessons was about following directions, so he got to drive around while I yelled out to turn right, left, stop, and turn around. Then we got to see how many laps he could run around the church and how fast. He ran two and I think he could have done more, but he is easily distracted. Each lap was about two minutes, but I'm not sure the distance.On our way home Kleyn was telling Kaleb that when you shake your leg you are part of our family. That one made my day. When I was younger, every time we left grandma's house she would stand out front frantically waving her leg at us. I remembered my mom telling me that it started with Grandma Povey and that was her way of kicking us out the door and telling us she loved us. When Kleyn was old enough to realize what I was doing every time my mom left, he joined in. One time I told him that shaking your leg meant get out of here. From then on he started yelling "GET OUT OF HERE!" and shaking his leg whenever anyone left. I knew that anyone in my family would totally understand and get a kick out of it, but when he was yelling at my visiting teachers I thought I should probably clarify. I told him instead to say "drive safe." He started yelling "GET OUT OF HERE! and drive safe!" I still feel like it warrants a little explanation to some of our visitors, but it's not quite so harsh. :) I love that Kleyn connects shaking a leg to being part of our family, though. It's definitely one of our quirks. He also told Kaleb that he has a family tree (we did a chart for kindergarten) and he would show him when we got home.
After our afternoon excursion, we made some pretzel numbers. They didn't turn out too bad. They were a little dry and I could have made them a little thinner, but he got the point and it was alright for our first try.

Kaleb got the 0,

Kleyn wanted to eat his 1,

and Dannika got number 4.
We had extra, so I made traditional pretzel shapes.
We had extra, so I made traditional pretzel shapes.
No comments:
Post a Comment