We had a really good Thanksgiving with my Grandma Morgan. Grandma always makes really good turkey and rolls and everything else was delicious as well. I always love to hang out with my cousins. Nick, Juli, Annalie, Theresa, Kurt, Chris, Brittany, Sarah, and my mom came up from Utah. Steph and Matt stopped by after visiting his parents. Rich, Sandra, and their kids came over. Kleyn was way excited to play with Landon. It was a really fun afternoon with games and lots of naps (not just for the babies, either). We were really glad that Lysha came with us as well. I know it's awkward to be around people you don't know, especially for holidays, but my family was glad to have her. We came home at about 8 so that Lysha could get ready to go to Utah for the weekend.
Last night a couple of my friends went to Twilight. Kendra's mom had movie passes, so I didn't even have to pay. :) That's always a good movie, right? It was so nice to have a night out, but I have to say, I wasn't too impressed. Like most movies it had to cut a lot of things out. I understand that, so I wasn't too disappointed with that. The thing that bothered me was that it was way too intense and dramatic. I know that there is drama and a lot of emotion to go through in that book, but it didn't seem like Bella's expression changed throughout the whole movie. I'm sure that there are a lot of people out there that love it, but I think I would rather read the book. The other thing that ruined it for me was a whole row of grown women behind me freaking out about the kiss scene. They totally ruined it because they were being so loud and obnoxious. It's one thing when little kids don't know how to behave, and that's still annoying, but it's even worse when it's adults that can't shut their mouths and be courteous.
Hmm...I know this isn't the greatest or nicest post, but Danny doesn't really get it or want to listen to it, so I'm just getting it out of my system. :) Hahaha. I guess I just saw it in a completely different way when I read the book.
May Photo Dump
2 years ago
9 comments:
I would laugh really hard if I went to put the laundry in and I accidentally threw the dog in too:-) I'm going to spend Christmas in Seatlle with Jake's family. He came to Big Sky for Thanksgiving with my family so we are trading off:-) I really wish I could come back to IF as weird as it sounds hehe...I haven't been back there in a long time. What are you guys doing?? I bet Christmas is soo fun with little kids! Just watching their expressions when they open presents has to be the best part!
sounds like you guys are doing really well glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
i've been to Carino's a couple of times this last week and it's so funny because every time i go there i think, "i could totally work here again." is that weird? anyhoo...
are you on facebook?
:) I have yet to see the movie. I am too nervous that it won't measure up to the book, as movies rarely do. I am sorry about rude people...that is so annoying. People really should know better.
I AGREE WITH YOU!! I wanted Bella to seem or at least look happy after they were together! Like why would they be together if they weren't happy. I was left after watching the movie not satisfied. But I love the BOOK!
AMEN about Twilight! I was NOT impressed at all. Oh well. What was I thinking? Books are always better than movies. Sounds like you guys had a good T-giving break!
Haha .. we are always busy! But I would love to hang out with you guys as well. You should try and swing by when you are in town .. oh wait .. that doesn't work either ;) haha. jk
I agree, most books are totally better than the movies made from them. I will say this though~ I went to Twilight twice (don't worry, I didn't pay either time) :) the first time I hated it. it didn't live up to any expectations. The second time I just decided to forget about the book and enjoy the movie and I loved it! So don't give up on it yet :)
Hey!! I remember you asking how to get FHE lessons emailed to you weekly and I never posted where to get them from! I'm soo slow these days haha. Anyways, all you have to do is go to www.deseretweekly.com and make an account there. It makes things soo easy they have a lesson, thought, story, activity, refreshment idea, ect. all planned out. Enjoy!!
Hey- I just had to check in and see what you guys were up to :) It sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving! And don't worry- you can get all of your Twilight feelings out in blog form and that is perfectly fine! :) I thought the book was better too! Anyway, it seems like I haven't seen you forever, but I hope that everything is going well for you and your DARLING family!
Post a Comment