I also love going out on dates because even when we are gone for only and hour or two, our little boys always scream our names and run to us as soon as we open the door. Sometimes sooner...usually as soon as they hear the garage door open, they are at the door ready to greet us. I love my little family so much and I am so glad they are mine.
I realized something else tonight...I have gotten into some really bad habits. Dressing up for me is clean jeans, a girly t-shirt, make-up, and doing my hair. I know it's sad that those things aren't a daily thing for me, but when all you have to do is clean, feed messy boys, nurse helpless kittens, and do that all with nobody here to impress but two toddlers while trying to keep your sanity, it's hard to remember that those things are important. I guess I need to burn all of my pajamas, scrubs, and sweats so that I don't look so frumpy anymore. :) Hahaha. That'll happen when I am done having kids and they are old enough to not drool, slobber, spit up, throw up, or poop on me. :) Oh, the life of a mom.
I love my husband, I love my kids, I love my life, and I love that even when I am frumpy Danny still loves me and wants to take me out to dinner. :) Thanks babe.
3 comments:
That is so adorable! I read the book " Strangling your husband is NOT an option" and the author said something I will NEEEVER forget. It went something like this;
"Your husband goes out to work. He associates with women that had to get up and look presentable that day. What does he go home to?"
She was careful not to imply that our husbands are checking out other ladies but ever since then I try a little harder!! Although I'm sure you look sweet as ever in those sweats!! :)
Awwww...what a sweet post. It's weird how when you are younger you fantasize about how passionate and romantic your adult life is, but then once you actually are an adult, you realize it's the simple, thoughtful things that mean the most. I think it is really, really cool that after 4 years of marriage and 2 children you guys still want to spend alone time together. Keep it up!
Aw so sweet :) frumpy isn't so bad is it?
Post a Comment