November 5, 2008

Rambling Update

My kids woke up this morning and were so excited to see snow all over the ground. I on the other hand was not. I really love snow, or rather, watching now fall from the comfort of my wonderful warm home. I don't like to drive in it, walk in it, chop wood in it, or keep baby kittied alive in it. Sigh. I really do like to play in it, though, and I love seeing my kids faces when it snows and when they can go play in it.
One of our momma cats got hit last night, so here I am trying to take care of six more babies. I know, I know. Kaelynn the crazy cat lady. That's the problem, though. I haven't had any cat that lasted more than 2 years. I would keep two or three really good mousers and call it good, but they can't seem to stick around here. I hope I won't always be the crazy cat lady, but for now, I am taking care of the kittens, giving them away to whoever wants one, and letting them eat the mice that I so much hate to deal with. Grrr...farm life.
We went and saw my mom last night at my grandma's house in Pocatello. We had a really good visit and Kleyn got to play with his awesome cousin Landon. They had so much fun playing for six hours. My mom and I talked, babysat, and worked on quilts. By the end of the night we were all really tired. I was working my mom to sleep. :) She is helping me get some more quilts done for the Artisan Fair at Eagle Rock at the end of the month. I haven't ever done a fair before, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all works and if it's something I want to continue doing. I have heard of a lot of craft fairs around here, but I didn't know how to get involved. I'm way excited.
Kleyn's new favorite movie is "Winnie the Pooh: Boo to You Too". I guess he really loved Halloween. I just LOVE it when they pick a new favorite movie because I get to watch it a million times in a week and not by my choice.
Well, as Tigger would say. TTFN

2 comments:

Emily said...

SNOW??!! There is no snow in Boise. How sad. Although it did rain yesterday and I loved it! I can't believe Christmas is almost here. It seems so weird. But yeah, hope everything is well and I loved the Halloween costumes!

Criscell said...

I know what you mean about not liking to drive in the snow...though I actually miss that just a little teensy bit! We will be home for Thanksgiving soon and I hope there's snow! Good luck keeping those baby kitties alive. I love cats!