November 6, 2008

Mouse Count

4!!!!!!! I can't handle it! We caught the one under the stove, another one under the drawers, and two in the baby room that's not in use at the moment. I hate mice! I hate it even worse when I can hear them, but I can't catch them because I don't know exactly where they are, but I know that they are there and I can't just go about my business until they are gone. I find comfort in knowing I am not the only person like this. My neighbor Alaina called me this morning to ask if she could borrow a cat. She had found a mouse in their laundry room and was trying to lure it into a bucket. As soon as I got her message, I loaded up the boys, a mouse trap, and a kitten. Luckily it didn't take too long. The mouse sniffed around the trap, but didn't set it off, so in came the cat. Alaina moved things around so the cat could get behind it. While she was moving the dryer, the mouse ran out and the cat caught it. She was so proud of the kitten that she decided to keep it. She mentioned that she wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight if it had still been in her house. I know I'm not normal, but it makes me feel a little bit more normal when other people have the same reactions. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! Mice are crazy little buggers. Cats are wonderful for that reason. Thanks so much for your nice comments during my family's crazy time! We are definitely doing a lot better. It helps to have good friends and family to support us. :) PS I totally gave up on the post count for each month. Actually, my thought this time was that two months with an odd number of posts equals out to be even. Does that make sense? I'm justifying my screw up! ha ha

Anonymous said...

haha! You are so funny. Teaming up for some mouse hunts that's AWESOME. Thanks for your comments on my blog by the way we need to get together one of these days when I'm up in Idaho!!

Haylie said...

:) I was out in my garage the other day and stuck my hand in the big bag of dog food to get some for the pets and I saw something moving around. It was a cute little mouse. Luckily it was out in the garage (which is not attached to the house) and we have not had any mice in the house. I made my husband take the mouse to a big feild a couple miles away and set it free...away from my house. So far, only one mouse...hopefully no more.

Criscell said...

Oh YUCKY! So sorry for you guys. At least you have cats to help you out some.

Coon Family said...

Oh my goodness! You are not the only one. I was freaking out completely about a month ago about mice. Here is the thing though we were in an apartment on the 3rd floor and killed 6 mice in 3 weeks!!! My future was away from my walls, all my pantry food in the middle of the living room, and Lysol everything.

It is very true about being pregnant and short, no where else to go but out. I can't wait for him to come though!! Well maybe I can wait for another 3 weeks.