November 27, 2010

On The Twenty Fifth Day of November

I am thankful for Thanksgiving.
I had a lot of fun making my very first complete Thanksgiving dinner this year. My mom was here, so she helped cut veggies and do dishes, but most of it was my cooking. :) We had turkey, candied yams, apple pie, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, gravy, pickled beets, rainbow jello, fruit salad, a veggie tray, stuffing, cranberry sauce, sparkling cider, and rolls. I got the turkey recipe from my sister, the rolls from my Grandma Morgan, rainbow jello from my Aunt Sandra, fruit salad recipe from my Grandma Crowley, and the sparkling cider is a Baird tradition. Danny also said I had to have the canned cranberry sauce even if nobody ate it because it's just tradition to have it on the table. :) I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to go to my grandma's house and be with more of my family, but it turned out pretty great. I really do love cooking. We were blessed this year to be home, safe, warm, and have all of the things that we wanted to make our own Thanksgiving feast.
My Little Turkeys

No comments: