I am thankful for my piano.
I have played the piano since seventh grade. (Technically I took lessons when I was 4, but I don't count it because it didn't really go anywhere until I was in choir.) When we got married, Danny bought me a huge upright grand. It wasn't in the best shape, but all the keys worked and I was so glad to have anything that played. It was one of the best presents.
When my mom moved, she gave me her piano and although I loved my piano, mom's was smaller and in better condition. We sold my piano and Danny bought a gun (he always makes a point to throw that in when I talk about it).
I don't play for concerts anymore and I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but I do get to play at church. All of my callings have been music related.
I love sitting and playing through all of my music until my fingers hurt. Nobody is here to listen and my kids don't even notice, but I love playing anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment