September 29, 2008

Tagged by Challis

6 quirks...how am I supposed to choose only six?

1. I can't stand scratchy noises. When Kleyn rides his plastic tricycle on the kitchen floor after his dad has dragged in dirt I appear in the kitchen out of nowhere to heard the poor little kid out before he knows what's happening. I'm not sure what it does to me, but when I hear noises like that I cringe and squirm until it stops. My neighbor finds this awfully funny because her baking powder is really old and kind of solidified, so she has to scrape at it to get it loose when she's baking. That has the same effect and she loves to do it just to watch me twitch.

2. When I start a project I can't just do it and get it done. I have to make it big and then it turns into this never-ending thing that I will never get away from. I don't often start new things because of that fact. When I started scrapbooking I just kept going with it and now (after 18 books) I am so overwhelmed, but want to keep going with it. When I started making quilts I had so much material that I had acquired from high school and a generous mother in law, that I had 20 quilts in the making. Now I am trying to figure out the best way to market them because I have way too many and I won't every have enough kids to use them. I also do this with my baking (if you haven't seen from earlier posts). When I make cookies, I can't seem to stop at making one kind. When I made friendship bread, I made 20 loaves. I could keep going, but you're probably already bored and you get the point. ;)

3. I still write poems, but I can only seem to write when I am in a bad mood or when something is really bothering me. I can't seem to write anything happy because when I'm finished they always seem so cheesy and I hate them. I guess my poetry reveals my dark side or something and that's probably why I don't share them with anyone. I have about 200 now and my other fear is that if I let people read them they would think that they are bad and that they all sound alike. I also think people would judge me or think I was stupid.

4. I'm terrified of growing up. I know I am married and have two kids and all that fun stuff, so really I am already grown up, but there will always be that next stage of life and I will always be afraid of it (probably just because it is unknown). We are really looking at buying this house and it freaks me out so bad. I don't feel like I am grown up enough to be buying a house. I am scared about sending Kleyn to school. I am scared about having more kids. I am scared about something happening to Danny and having to do this all on my own. Sometimes I still feel like I'm 16 and just babysitting. I love my kids and I know they are mine, but I still feel like I'm that scared little girl once in a while and I'm not sure that that feeling will ever completely go away.

5. I have never had the greatest cleaning habits, but now that I have to take care of my house and my family, I have really weird ways of doing things. I have two sponges by my sink. One of them is to wipe all of the nasty stuff off of the dishes so that I can put them in the dishwasher or put them in the dish water. The other is the "clean sponge" that I wash the pots and pans with after they have been wiped clean of any food particles or whatever is on them. I know this is totally dumb because sponges are dirty anyway, but there ya go. I walk around my house with laundry baskets to put toys in. I dump them in Kleyn's room because I don't see the point in cleaning his room. Every time I do it is complete chaos for the next five minutes because he pulls everything right back out to get the one toy that he was looking for in the bottom of his toy chest. Most of the time my front room turns into my laundry room which is really embarrassing if anyone chooses to come visit (which I don't usually have to worry about). I am really weird about loading the dishwasher and it has to be done right. If someone else does it and it's not right I have to rearrange it before I can run it. (I come by that honestly...my grandpa is worse than I am.) :)

6. I totally love being a country girl and a mom, but I really miss being around a lot of people all the time. I love looking at blogs because some days that's the only connection I have to the outside world. The only thing I wish is that some of my best friends that I have lost touch with had blogs so I could know what they were up to even when they don't return my calls.

I tag Lysha, Amy, Jayme, Alli, and Kira

4 comments:

Challis said...

I totally know how you feel with the "dark side" coming out in poetry. I don't write much poetry but I've always been a journal writer. For some reason though I only feel like writing when I'm in a bad mood. I don't want future generations to read my journal because they will think I'm pretty twisted.

Party of Five said...

I laughed so hard when I read your fear of growing up! I HAVE THE SAME ONE! Maybe we can find the fountain of youth together.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I loved the comment you made about my uneven posts for September!!! Honestly, I woke up this morning and thought, "Crap. Today is October. And I ended September with 9 posts." And I couldn't do anything about it!! I can't go back in time! OCD cannot take over my blogging life!! ha ha I just love you, girl! I'll be needing your address so I can send you an invite to the wedding reception! I hope you guys are doing well! And I'll get working on that tag!

Emily said...

Do not worry-I will always have Peter Pan syndrome. Right now, all I'm concerned with is what I'm going to be for Halloween. Do I let the fact that I don't have a job bother me? Nope-not at all!