September 10, 2008

Running Partner

Kleyn has been driving me nuts all day. He has so much energy (no doubt thanks to the cookies I made yesterday) and has been running around, climbing, playing, screaming, throwing tantrums, and all the fun stuff you can think of. I felt like I really needed to get out of the house and he really needed to get rid of some of his energy. I told him we were going to go for a run and he got so excited. He ran all the way down to the corner stop sign (almost a quarter of a mile) and then I asked him if he wanted to turn back and run home. He said no. He turned the corner and started running down the next mile road. He ran about half way and then decided it was time to head back. (I can't believe my three year old can run farther than I can. He was really running, too! He only tripped twice and got right up and kept going.) Immediately after we turned back, he told me he wanted me to hold him. I told him he had to walk back, but I would hold his hand. He walked all the way back and now he is still happy, but much calmer. I can't believe I haven't done that before. I usually put him and Kaleb in the stroller so I can take a walk or run and get some exercise. It never dawned on me that my little boy would want to run right along with me. It was really nice and he had a blast. I totally found a new running partner!!! :)

4 comments:

Challis said...

Holy Freak. I can't believe you actually RUN. I always thought that runners were just a myth. I suppose you should write book on "How to Exhaust Your Child and Get In Shape At The Same Time." I'd buy it.

Amber said...

Yes I am looking for a cat. what color? is it fluffy? ha ha let me know! And way to be with the running, I'm starting up again. :)

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

That's a perfect cheap way to get energy out of a little boy... I might have to remember that for the future!

shells said...

Red is supopsed to be an apetizing color .. but really, I just wanted a red kitchen. I totally forgot that Steph painted hers red. My friend Steph just painted her kitchen red also and Blakes brother Shawns kitchen is red. Too funny! Removing wallpaper is a PAIN! Remember when I did that at dads house? He still has the machine thing to do it though.

You should come visit so you can see it in person. :)