September 4, 2008

Bridal Shower

August 30th, 2008
Melissa DeFilippis
Danny's cousin had a bridal shower and I decided to take Lysha and Janae and leave Danny and the boys at home. My mom was on her way up to my grandma's cabin for the weekend and I told her she could take the boys if she wanted to. She got here on Friday night and brought my cousin Landon (who is Kleyn's age and just loves to play with him). I left shortly after she got here. Danny stayed at home to do homework, but ended up working on the jeep all weekend. :) Go figure. It was really nice to get away for the weekend and I got to know Danny's family a little bit better. Andy came up to see grandma and although it was good to see him, we were definitely missing Amy. ;)
The theme of Melissa's shower was to share funny proposal, wedding, or married-life stories. We tried to fit our gift in to our story. I got her some hot chocolate, mugs, spoons, marshmallows, and a ring pop. It was so much fun to hear everyone's stories and see what they came up with for gifts. Her mom also had a surprise for her, which was her great-grandma's engagement ring. She borrowed it from Grandma Baird to use as her "something old, something borrowed, and something blue." I thought that was such a neat thing for her wedding. Melissa is going to get married in the Twin Falls temple on September 26th and I am so excited for her. She is such an awesome cousin and I'm glad that she's so happy.
Melissa and her mom, Betty
Grandma Baird and Melissa
Janae and Melissa After the bridal shower we went to the movies with a bunch of Danny's cousins. It was nice to be able to sit all the way through a movie. It wasn't a great movie, but it was still nice to be able to sit there. :) Lysha decided to stay until Sunday and Andy would bring her home. Janae and I drove back together and it was really nice to be able to talk with her. I love getting to know Danny's sisters.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like i missed out on some good times :D I miss ya too Kaelynn