Here's what's been going on at the Baird house.
I finally got the courage to make apple pies and try the filling I canned. It turned out pretty well. My sister-in-laws thought it was really good. Danny thought it needed more sugar. His friend thought it needed more cinnamon. I guess I can't please everyone. I don't know if I would have liked it without ice cream, but I have a total sweet tooth.

I also made a bunch of friendship bread. We got a starter from Danny's co-worker and he wanted me to try it. I decided I didn't want to give the starter to anyone because everyone that I mentioned it to said that they hated making it, but they liked eating it, so I decided to give people loaves of bread instead of the starter. Danny really likes it, so we froze some of it as well.

Kleyn and Kaleb found a fun new hiding place and have a ball playing together. That one didn't last for long because Kaleb kept scraping his tummy when he got down and I didn't want fingers to get smashed.
Danny had fun putting them in buckets while I was cooking.


Danny had fun putting them in buckets while I was cooking.

We think it's so funny when Kaleb falls asleep in his high chair. He gets so tired and when we realize he's falling asleep, we all start to laugh and he tries to stay awake because he knows we are laughing at him. He has fallen asleep a few times with this huge grin on his face.

Kleyn went to get clothes so that he could go out to the shop with Danny and he grabbed the wrong pants. We kept telling him he had the wrong pants, but he insisted that they were his. He got one leg in and then looked up and said "These are not my pants."

Danny's cantaloupe.
He only got one this year and it fit in the palm of his hand. He was still pretty proud about it, though.
Hopefully more of our garden turns out next year.
He only got one this year and it fit in the palm of his hand. He was still pretty proud about it, though.
Hopefully more of our garden turns out next year.This is what Danny has been dealing with all week.
The rash finally cleared up and he is still trying to figure out where the cysts are coming from. My poor hunny. :( I hope he feels better this week.
The rash finally cleared up and he is still trying to figure out where the cysts are coming from. My poor hunny. :( I hope he feels better this week.
And just some random pictures.



2 comments:
What a great post! Good job on your apple pie! I've never made one of those. Was it hard? I'm so impressed that you got a cantalope from your garden! That's so awesome. Cute pics of your boys.
Cute pictures! Your boys are too cute.
I always felt I was lucky being short, because I could have either tall or short guys. And always find it odd for a short guy who is with a tall girl.
Post a Comment