So, here it is March and I definitely haven't been keeping up with my resolutions for the year. Everyone keeps reminding me that I have a good excuse, but it really doesn't make me feel much better. I did try a couple new recipes this month, though. We did a Beef and Tortellini Soup and a Southwest Steak and Potato Soup. They were both crock pot recipes and they were both really good. I got all the stuff to try Cincinnati Chili this weekend. We'll see how it goes.
I have been reading more, but don't know if reading the same books for the third time actually counts. The 11th book in the Tennis Shoes series is supposed to come out this year, so I'm excited for that. I'm still looking for some good books or a good author that I really like. I have read a few different books, but the ones I have read I have had a hard time getting into. I'm just not quite sure how to define it yet.
Kleyn and I continue to work together and play together, but I haven't gotten a set routine or lessons going on. We just play and learn as we go. He just keeps me on my toes with the things he picks up, though. He is constantly asking me what new words mean.
I have some really good resources for FHE and have some really awesome lessons, but we have definitely been slacking. It's been hard to find a good routine with Danny's school and everything else going on here. We did have a few good lessons, though, and one of them has helped us to have family prayer with the boys every night. It's so awesome to see them in that habit and to remind us and know that it's something that we do.
I have been itching to get some scrapbooking done, but every time I sit down to print out pictures, I just get so overwhelmed and can't handle it. I'm just not sure what to do with that. I'll get there, though. One of the ladies I visit teach mentioned having a scrapbooking day or activity every month, so I might start that up. I think it would be so much fun and it would keep me motivated.
I have been feeling much better lately and am excited about getting back into the swing of things. I know that there's still snow on the ground, but I'm starting to get the spring fever. My house needs some serious attention, but once I get that all under control, I am so excited to get working on projects and then to get the boys outside when it warms up.
May Photo Dump
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment