March 27, 2009

Home Decor

We have had a fun couple of days. Wednesday night my dad took us up to Arco to see the school musical my sister was putting on. She does such a great job and the kids work so hard. It is so awesome to see what a small group of kids and an awesome teacher/director can put together. I loved it and it was so nice to be able to visit. The boys stayed with their grandma while we went to the show and they had a blast moving around Aunt Steph's rug, rolling cars around, and building with blocks. They stayed the night at the Nelson's house and dad brought me home. My mom took Kleyn and Kaleb to see their cousins in Pocatello on Thursday. My Uncle Rich took them to the church gym where they made and colored paper airplanes and chased basketballs around. They played so hard and were so exhausted when they made their way home. It's nice to have a day to myself, but I almost wish I would have been there to get some great pictures. I'm sure there were plenty of opportunities.
I ended up spending the day with my neighbor and BEST FRIEND, Shurell. ;) Unfortunately, we didn't decide where to go to lunch before hand, so I was driving her nuts because there is about three places that I go to lunch and that's it. She kept suggesting all these things and I kept making faces or telling her no. She would ask me where I wanted to go or what sounded good, but she caught me at a time that I was super hungry, so really everything sounded good...within my tiny realm of what I like. (This is really the reason I don't go anywhere for lunch. Nobody wants to go with me after they've gone with me once.) We finally decided on Papa Kelsey's, which was great because we were headed to Michaels when we were done.
Shurell had seen a picture that she thought would fit in my home and that looked like me. She, like my mother in law, is a red person and I am a blue. I'll get a picture of the picture up soon, but for now, it's a cream/tan background on the left with a blue flower and on the right it has a blue background with a brown/gold swirly design. It's fairly large for a picture, but it was on sale for $20, so I couldn't pass it up. We also picked out some metallic looking papers that matched pretty well and some ribbon to make some mod podge picture frames to go with it. We got to talking about where I would put the picture and what I would do. It was so much fun, but I felt completely out of my element. The only thing I have decorated was tables for wine dinner and my baby room. We went back to her house and made a couple of the picture frames, which are turning out awesome and I have been thinking about all of the different things I need to do now. It's nice to have something to look forward to, but it almost stressed me out because I'm not sure what I'm doing.
Kaleb woke up at 2:30 and I just couldn't go back to sleep. I laid in my bed for an hour trying to fall asleep and all I could think about is how I need to take the flowery wallpaper down and find some nice paint that will be a good soothing color that will make the picture look good. Then I need to either find new drapery panels or find some material to make some new ones. I started to think that if I just bought the material to make them I should get enough to cover one of the couches and make a few throw pillows for the other couch to tie them all in. Then I got to thinking about getting new carpet because it's time for it in this house. Then I started thinking about my sisters Shells and Stephanie and their bathrooms and Danny is telling me that we are going to have to redo the floor in the boys' bathroom. The wallpaper is coming apart in there, so I need to take it down as well and I want to paint it yellow and blue to kind of match the baby room. I was thinking of getting some different pictures of daisies with yellow and blue picture frames and maybe getting a new mirror. Then I was thinking that Danny would probably want to tile the floor and then we need to fix the toilet and make sure it won't leak anymore before we do anything else.
Ok, on and on and on. Needless to say, I haven't been able to sleep because every time I try to relax and lay down I start thinking about how I want to do another room. I am sick of the flowery wallpaper in my bedroom, so I want to paint that and my bathroom as well. None of it will get done in the near future and I hesitate because we don't own the house yet, but someday. It's nice to think about anyway...just not at 4 in the morning.

3 comments:

shells said...

So my babies were here and I didn't get to see them and I wasn't invited to arco.

Woe is me ;)

No. It wont mess anything up. Thats why he was trying to stop the leaking in the first place. But its not leaking any longer :)

shells said...

Of course I will come help.

I was just giving you a hard time about not inviting me. I knew what was up and it isn't a biggie ;)

We still need to find some time to chill though!

shells said...

How is Kleyns easter grass?