October 13, 2012

Dannika 1 2 3

My Danni Rae is 3!
Look at that hair!
We had a pretty low key birthday for her, but she still loved it. We made cupcakes on her birthday and we had some girls over that I was watching, so she felt super special to have three friends to play with all day.
Danny brought her home some candy necklaces. :)
She chose spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. So messy, yet so fun.
She got to open some presents and she absolutely loves the princess books from Grandma and Grandpa Baird.
She also got birthday cards from both of her great-grandmas. She took those cards to bed with her for a week. She knows that great grandma cards are super special.
The Saturday after her birthday we had our friends over for cake and ice cream. I made a Curious George cake, but I got the coloring wrong, so it doesn't quite look like him. One of our friends said it looked like a bear but only because Curious George doesn't have a tail.
Dannika prefers to use her first two fingers and her thumb to show that she's three. It's the easiest for her cute little fingers.
She definitely has a three year old attitude, but she's still pretty helpful, especially unloading the dishwasher and she's as happy as can be. She loves sending her big brothers off to school in the morning and then she can't wait until they get home.
We love our little sunshine. She is always singing about something and she can't get enough of the swing. One night she went out to the shop with Danny after the boys were in bed and he said she was swinging in the dark for at least 15 minutes singing her heart out the whole time.
 I'm finally getting pictures printed off to finish her first year scrapbook. I'm a little bit behind, but looking through her pictures has gotten me excited to finish it. I just hope that feeling sticks around until I get Annistyn's done as well.

4 comments:

Dad said...

sounds like you been having lots of fun. Wish I could be there. Maybe when they are old enough to remember it. Thanks for the updates.

Amy said...

Those first few photos make Dannika look crazy blond! I'm amazed at how much more hair it looks like she has when its crimped/wavy like that. Also, great job on the cake :)

Lysha said...

Shes not 3. I dont belive it ;)

Lysha said...

Shes not 3. I dont belive it ;)