Bubba turned 5!
We didn't have a party on his birthday because Annistyn was only a week old, but we did make Angry Bird cupcakes and then planned a party for later in the month.
We tried to make a pinata, but it didn't turn out quite right. My mom did the first layer with the kids and when it dried it cracked.
Danny popped the balloon and told me to put another layer on it. I was a little skeptical, but I tried and it ended up collapsing.
I gave up and decided I would just buy one. I had seen a pig pinata at Wal-mart, but they didn't have any when I went to get one. I called around town, but the only place that had them was out of stock and they wouldn't be in until Wednesday and we had the party planned for Monday. I called Sandy and asked if they could find one down in Utah before they all headed up for their visit. My wonderful sister-in-laws decided that they would just make one. I was a little bit concerned because I had found directions for making a pinata online and it said that you needed to do three layers and you had to let each layer dry for 24 hours before applying the next one. I had no idea how they were going to pull it off, but I figured if it didn't work then we just wouldn't have a pinata. I completely underestimated them and they brought me a pig pinata that was better than anything I could have ever bought! It was amazing.
I found so many fun ideas on pinterest, so I had to narrow it down to a few. I loved this idea for Angry Bird bowling.
Kaleb's Angry Bird spread.
We found Angry Bird games, a coloring book, stickers, fruit snacks, and cheese nips.
We decided a round cake would be the easiest for an Angry Bird face and I think it turned out pretty good.
The pizza was another idea from pinterest that I really liked.
The kids had a blast bowling and hitting the pinata.
I just love this face! He has the best smiles, has such a great laugh, and gives huge hugs. I love this kid so much!

1 comment:
That was a lot of fun :D glad we could contribute! and really, you did a great job!
Post a Comment