Shells came to IF to bring my little man home today. We went shopping for picture frames to use in our family pictures this year. She has some really great ideas this year. I need to get the frames sanded and then painted.
While we were shopping around we found a neat wooden sewing table. The sides fold out into shelves and thread holders and the top opens up laying flat on the open sides. I really don't like the paint, so I need to strip it, sand it, and refinish it, then Danny has to make sure the hardware is all secure. It has wheels on the bottom, but I'm not sure if I want to leave them on.
Whenever I get started on a new project I think of all the other things I need/want to do.
I have a few quilts to work on, but the one I'm most excited about is a quilt top that my Grandma Crowley sewed together by hand, so Aunt Roseanne and Grandma Baird are going to help me hand quilt it.
I have a few quilts to work on, but the one I'm most excited about is a quilt top that my Grandma Crowley sewed together by hand, so Aunt Roseanne and Grandma Baird are going to help me hand quilt it.
There are so many things around the house I want to get done and I just need to get the courage to do them myself. I think I might have a painting party soon. I need to get the front room done. I have had the paint forever and the walls are looking a little shabby.
Danny has been wanting to do the bathroom for a few years and we are finally getting around to it. We found the tile we want and now we just need to measure and order it.
I want to refinish this dresser for the boys' room. My dad has a matching one that he's going to let me have, so I'll have a set. I need to decide if I want to just stain them or paint them to match the Cars theme. I want to find some different handles as well.
I want to see if this tv stand is big enough to make a little kitchen for Dannika. It might not be, but it's just sitting in the basement right now, so I might figure something out.
I want to see if this tv stand is big enough to make a little kitchen for Dannika. It might not be, but it's just sitting in the basement right now, so I might figure something out.
Along with all of this I am behind on my scrapbooks and I would like to get Dannika's done for Christmas. My mom is going to help me out with the kids so I can have a scrap-booking day. (That's also one of my rewards for weight loss.)
4 comments:
ah! i wish we were a little closer so i could come help you do fun projects!! i love learning how to do all that stuff with the furniture; that is so cool you are doing all that yourself! you can do it!!
um, actually, this is from arielle but it won't let me sign in...hahaha
I was gonna say, Kyle, you're welcome to come help me with any projects I have...but bring your wife. ;) Hahaha
You don't have to be rich to have fun and have nice things. I find it very rewarding to do things for yourself. The things you make always have a better memory than the things you buy. Wish I could be there to help, but then I would probably find myself in the garage.
Post a Comment