June 16, 2010

Tee ball

My friend, Angel, told me that watching 4 year olds play tee ball could get pretty boring. Luckily, I am still not a grown up (not really) and I still find amusement in the little things.
1. Watching them run. You can see on their faces that they KNOW they are running as fast as Sonic!
2. Watching them throw. They concentrate so hard as they pull their arm back and set their feet in just the right place. Then they hold that position for at least five seconds while they try and figure out who is yelling at them and which other kid that's not paying attention they are supposed to throw it to. Then when they finally let go of the ball, it lands closer to them than who they were throwing to and the other kid runs all the way over to get it.
3. Watching them bat. The ones that swing so hard and fast but never hit the ball. The ones that can only seem to hit the bottom half of the tee and knock it over. The ones that are so intent on hitting the ball that they barely tap it and get five fouls while the kids on the bases keep getting yelled at to go back.
4. Watching them catch...or not. Kleyn doesn't really know how to use his mitt, so it usually ends up pulled into his chest while he tries to catch/chase/grab the ball with his free hand.
I'm really not trying to make fun, but I do think it's amusing. I love watching my little man learn new skills and grow up. He loves to impart his wisdom to his little brother and that's quite entertaining to watch as well. :)

4 comments:

Dad said...

Thanks for the updates. It is nice to read about how well you all are doing. I like reading about the kids and their exploits as well as what you and Danny are up to. Wish we were closer.

Party of Five said...

So darling! And ps- the picture of Dannika on the side of your blog is absolutely ADORABLE! What a cutie- just like all your kiddo's. Hope you guys are good!
-Wendy and Mike

Amy said...

aw how cute. when you guys come up to visit be sure he brings his mitt so we can play catch :D

Mandy said...

Dang! I really wanted to put Kadee in T-ball but didn't know of anyone else who was going to do it with their kids. Oh well there is always next summer.