We got home from the Baird Family Reunion on Memorial Day. Thinking that it would be a good time to get the garden planted, Danny tilled everything up and invited his friend, Josh, over to help. Josh, of course, brought his 450 dirt bike and they had to take turns on that before we could get to work. Did I really think we would get our garden planted? Yeah, actually, I did, but that's OK. Danny rode down to the neighbors and of course, Cody and Casey couldn't resist coming over with their bikes. The tilled up garden plot quickly became the landing spot for the jump off the hill of top soil that has been waiting to go in the garden. Shurell got bored and brought her girls down to join us. After giving up the planting idea, the guys talked little 'ol me into riding that nice big bike that I could barely reach the foot holds let alone the ground. The bike only fell over once because I got a little nervous riding over the broken up concrete in the drive way and was going too slow. Turning was a little nerve-wracking because I felt if I tilted the bike even a tiny bit it would tip over and I knew I didn't have enough weight to keep it up. The guys made fun of me for the wide turns, but were otherwise impressed. Shurell was razzing me because I was showing her up.
When we decided we'd had enough with the bikes, we ended up throwing and kicking a volley ball and soccer ball around. It turned into a nice little game of volley ball in our lovely dirt patch. We had so much fun and then Cody suggested that we get some people together and play baseball...OH YEAH! That was the reason for this post.
We decided that we would shoot for Sunday afternoon and we'd try to get all of our neighbors and friends together and see if we would have enough to play teams. We brought food and drinks and had a great time. We didn't quite have enough adults to play teams, but it was still so much fun. We decided it would work better to do it on Monday nights for FHE, so that's the new plan. We got together last night and although we didn't have enough people for two teams, we have enough for one team and 4 batters. We rotated positions every time someone got out and that seemed to work really well. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again next week. Everyone starts showing up at 6 and we play until dark. If anyone in IF is interested you should definitely come join us. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment