We Bairds are always interested in/looking for new recipes to try. Danny has been watching the Cook's Country show and getting a lot of ideas for dutch oven cooking. He tried out the Extra-Crunchy Fried Chicken tonight and it turned out really well. I should have taken some pictures, but he was in a little bit of a hurry.
I tried out a squash recipe to go with it, but it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. (Who wants a healthy squash recipe when you have fried chicken anyway???)
We also tried Blueberry Lemon Muffins this morning from Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious cook book. They turned out really well, but would have been even better if I had all of the right ingredients (I had to substitute just a little bit). Kleyn wouldn't try them because he said he only likes poppy seed muffins. Picky, picky, picky.
I have a few more recipes picked out for this week and I'll try to get some pictures of our yummy successes (and maybe some of the mess ups, but only if they're really terrible).
. . .
And to top it off, Danny made strawberry cheesecake milkshakes for dessert. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment