May 5, 2009

It's a...

(Yes, Sandy, I know you're always right and I should never doubt you because you're an all knowing mother-in-law)
We are having a
GIRL.
I kept calling people and telling them and Kleyn kept saying "It's not a girl, dad says it's a tom boy." I guess we'll see how she feels about that.
I don't know why, but I have been feeling very nervous and unprepared since we found out. I just went through and organized all my baby clothes and I just keep thinking I don't have anything girly. I know I needn't worry and I have a lot of people who have gone before me and are looking out for me, but I think I need a little time to get used to the idea. :)
I walked through walmart looking at all the cute little clearance outfits and got a few cotton dresses. They are all cute, but I'm already feeling overwhelmed by pink and I haven't even gotten anything yet. I was also overwhelmed with all of the princess and barbie stuff and although I know she won't be there for a while, just the thought of getting there scares me to death. I know I'm going crazy. I grew up around girls. I have always been around girls. I am a girl for heaven sakes.
I know I sound a little crazy, but I did the same thing when they told me Kleyn was a boy. He wasn't even born yet and I was already thinking about all the boy stuff. Cars, toys, dirt, school, missions, being a mother-in-law to someone else's daughter. I just keep thinking about hair and make-up and how I'm not a girlie girl and I don't do that stuff. She'll be glad she has such awesome aunts because her mom is kind of clueless.
Danny is so excited to have a little girl to snuggle. I know she'll be so loved and he'll have so much fun with her. I was a little bit nervous that he'd be really bummed out after they told us it was a girl, but he seemed genuinely happy about it.
We can't wait to welcome Dannika Rae Baird into our family. She is due the fourth week in September.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you to have a girl!!! I was anxious to see this post! That is AWESOME!! And I love the name!

Haylie said...

Congrats! You will do great. Girls are so much fun!

shells said...

And she better not be a day late!! We have a deal! :)

Jillyn said...

Congrats! I have a million girl clothes I'm trying to get rid of. Would you want them? If so I could bring them up on Memorial Weekend.

jayme said...

Congratulations! That is so fun.

Hot Cookin' Mama said...

That's sooo cool!!! Believe it or not, I can totally relate to how you are feeling! I might seem all "girly" but I grew up with boys, I hung out with boys, I KNOW BOYS haha. I expected to have a boy and had that train of thought going so when they told me it was a Girl I almost passed out. I had no idea what the heck to do with a girl!! I definitely had to learn as I went but it's been super fun!!! You'll be amazing!!

Hot Cookin' Mama said...

ps-have you had a baby shower yet?? If you have one I'm inviting myself ;) hahah!!

Party of Five said...

AAAAHHH! Girls are THE BEST! Of course, I don't have a boy yet, so I'm a little biased, but girls are seriously AMAZING. I'm sure she will be a perfect addition to your cute family. Congrats and we're so excited for you!

Jill said...

My word!! you'd think I was the one who is pregnant! (I'm not) but I just totally got teary eyed reading your sweet post!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are more than welcome to come "shopping" through my pink stuff. Heaven knows we have plenty around this house!

Can't wait to meet your little sweetie!

And sorry Sandy was right...I know how much you wanted her to be wrong...:) hee hee!

Coon Family said...

I am so excited for you and your family!!! That little girl is going to wrap her daddy around her little finger. Hooray hooray for little girls.

No worries you will do great and don't worry when they say they hate you when they are 4. They grow in and out of that.

shells said...

see .. your friends advice is proof that you want boys ;)

shells said...

It is too late. Dang it! ;)

I think it is up to you. However, if you put her in your blessing dress .. you will probably put any other girls you have in your blessing dress. You can't buy one a new one and not others.

SO I think new dress. Old blanket. But its up to you. What kind of traditions do you want to instill for your children?

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys! A little girl will be such a wonderful addition to your little family. Love ya!

shells said...

you do have a while .. but remember this. you have three sisters. how would you feel if i got something important of a parents, and you settled for second. thats all i mean by new dresses. but ultimately, that is your decision. :D

Amy said...

Yayy another niece for me. Dannika huh? you gunna have a pattern and give all the little boys k's like you and the little girls d's like danny? I know how you feel bout the girly girl thing. hopefully since i don't wear makeup my little girls (if any) wouldn't either :p else they'd have to go find their aunties that do.

Challis said...

Congratulations!! I think you'll find girls are so freakin' cute and wonderful when they are little, but good luck when she turns 15!