I have a list of things I would like to get done before I get too big and it gets too hot. One of them was to organize baby clothes into tubs, which I did more than a month ago. The only problem was that when I was finished, I didn't want to lug the darn things downstairs. Today I decided I needed to organize the basement so I could: 1) get all of the baby stuff out of the basement that I will need for Dannika, and 2) make room for the tubs of baby clothes. I got the left side organized and took down the tubs, so I was feeling pretty good. I got to some of the Bairds' toys and sports stuff, so I started organizing/moving it into a corner. I found another tub that I had put stuff in and found more clothes that would fit Kaleb right now and found the 2T coat I had been looking for all winter. (Now that he won't fit into it anymore.) Go figure.
I think cleaning and organizing that basement room is needed at least once a year (if not more) because it was starting to get stinky. I think I found the source of the stink and that's why I'm only half way done and it will stay that way until Danny gets home. First of all, we had a box of red potatoes that I forgot about, so they have sprouted like crazy and don't smell the greatest, but that was only part of the smell. When I got to the back of the room and started moving more boxes around, I found a dead mouse. I moved one more box and found a huge hobo on the wall. I am TERRIFIED of spiders, so I just stood there for a minute and then had to abandon my cleaning mission and come upstairs. I got to thinking...if hobos can hurt a human, they could easily kill a mouse, right? Would that be something a spider would do? I'm not really sure what happened, but I know there were no traps and we don't put poison out for the mice because we don't want to poison our cats. Hmmm.
May Photo Dump
2 years ago
3 comments:
I have Thursday the 4th off. Is that cool? I hope so cuz I want to chill with you. :)
ha i hate spiders too ick
Ooo Gross! I also hate spiders. I keep a handly little bottle of Lysol or Mr Clean cleaner that I just drown the suckers in if they are very big. I spray them until they can't move and then soak them in a big puddle where they finally stop. The tiny ones I can handle with a big shoe or a big wad of toilet paper.
My newest jump up on the couch screaming while Ben catches it is cockroaches. We found one on our new chair and it was so fast. Then I found one this morning on our tile floor. Luckily it was stuck on its back so I could scoop it up and flush it. Sorry this is a really long comment!
Post a Comment