May 10, 2009

Baby Showers

I thought that you only had a baby shower for the first kid because you didn't have anything you needed and you wanted advice from all of the all-knowing mothers around you. I have been asked a few times if I am going to have a baby shower for this one and I just wasn't sure about the etiquette for baby showers. I also wanted to know opinions about baby showers before or after the baby is born. I figured that if anything, I would do a BBQ after she's born so that whoever wants to can come see her and then I won't have to feel like the center of attention. I really want to know people's opinions on all of this.

7 comments:

jayme said...

That's what I thought about baby showers too, but it seems like now people have one for each baby. Except I didn't have one for Hyrum. I like the bbq after she's born idea.

Jillyn said...

I've heard they have one for their first boy and their first girl. The only thing I would think about having it after is if you want all of those people around your newborn. I probably would but I know some people get paranoid.

Anonymous said...

In my married family, we have one for the first boy and the first girl- cause really, you need different things for boys and girls! Which was a little different to me at first, but I think is good. I think that is quite common now too. We are having a shower for a friend this week that has a girl and is now having a boy- to me, it makes sense! I don't think you need one for EVERY child, but one for the fists makes sense to me :)

Mandy said...

Congrats! About the baby shower, I also thought that it was only for the first one as well, but if you are having a different sex, which you are, then yeah sure why not have one if someone wants to throw you one!

Unknown said...

I think that since this is your first girl you should have a baby shower. That's what I've heard other people doing.

Jill said...

HAVE A GIRL SHOWER!!! People will give you gifts anyway-it would just be fun to do it all at the same time. :) Before or after sounds good-if you're comfortable passing around your baby. :)

cherished said...

I like showers after the baby is born because then you can see them...but that's up to you and if you are comfortable with it... CONGRATS!!!! Let me know if I can help with anything :)