I usually have my dad make cakes for birthdays and stuff, but he just had carpel tunnel surgery, so he couldn't do it this year. He got this really cool bug pan from Willams-Sonoma, so I thought it would be cool to do a frog cake for Kaleb and then little bug cakes for everyone else. We couldn't find a frog pan, so I decided to do a star cake and a flag cake for the 4th of July. I got to looking on the Wilton website and found a pattern to make a froggie out of a butterfly pan. I went to my dad's house today so that he could tell me what to do and tell me if I was doing anything wrong. These cakes are nowhere near as wonderful as the ones my dad usually makes, but I didn't do too bad. I'm not too thrilled about how the frog turned out (I was thinking it would be so much cuter), but I love how the bug cakes turned out. I'm glad I have an awesome dad that can teach me how to be crafty. :)









2 comments:
Your cakes turned out darling!! The frog is great. I remember when we all worked together you and Whittney would tell us about the cakes your dad would make. That is so great! You guys are so talented!
wow!! I am impressed! Thanks for your comment and your boys are too cute.
Post a Comment