February 16, 2011

Rugged Bubba

Yesterday while Kleyn and I were doing school lessons, Kaleb decided it would be a good idea to use a piece of a toy gate to prop up against the table and make a ladder. I know I overreacted a little bit when he fell, but he had blood pouring out of both nostrils and I thought he had broken his nose. He wouldn't let me touch his nose and he was screaming so hard. I wasn't sure what to do because every time I tried to hold a tissue up to his nose he would thrash and scream harder. After a little while he finally calmed down and I found out the reason he didn't want me to put a tissue up to his nose was that he couldn't breathe because of his stuffy nose and bad cough. I watched for any bruising, but it doesn't look like there is any. I'm not sure how hard it is to break a nose when you're that young, but it sure had my heart pumping. His nose stopped bleeding, but there were little trickles throughout the day that Kleyn would loudly inform me of and his snot was bloody all day. My poor little guy. :(

No comments: