December 22, 2010

I made a dress!

I like to make quilts and sew blocks together, but I usually stick with squares. They're easy and you can't really mess them up.
I never thought I would like making clothes. I thought I would leave that to my wonderful daddy, mother-in-law, and grandmother-in-law. I have always been intimidated by patterns and thought they were quite confusing. When I decided to make my own suit for Halloween, I had my dad come and read me the pattern. I just never understand what they mean when they say "turn this piece to the inside" (The inside of what? The material? The garment? The room?) and lots of other directions that just seemed silly and confusing.
Anyway. After my dad helped me through that I decided I would make Dannika a dress for Christmas. I have had the material since I got pregnant with her, so I thought it was probably time. I procrastinated because I was nervous about reading the pattern. When I finally got started it wasn't so bad. I had to ask a few questions, but other than that, I did it all on my own. I think it will be a little bit too big for her right now, but she'll grow into it. I even have enough material to make me a matching skirt. :)
I should have taken more pictures while I was in the process, but I was in a hurry to get it done.

1 comment:

Dad said...

very nice. You did a good job.