December 13, 2010

And that's what's going on

It's a tradition for us to decorate our Christmas tree on the 4th, which is my grandma's birthday. I love decorating the tree. It's one of my favorite parts of Christmas. Every year we each get a new ornament. I thought that up Kleyn's first Christmas so that when they move out, they will have a small set of their own ornaments from over the years.Dannika decided to make a fashion statement one day. No matter how many times I put her arm back in her shirt, she had it back out two seconds later. She's getting so big. I love watching her grow, but it's a little bit harder for me to let my baby go than it was with the boys.I made a Tinker Bell cake for my friend's birthday. It didn't turn out as well as my dad's do, but I think it was pretty good for the few that I have made. My sister helped me figure out that my frosting recipe was written down wrong and I figured out the right way to grease the pan. It turned out tons better than my attempt at Rainbow Brite early in the week.Can you see what's wrong with these pictures?We had an interesting day today. I got some kind of a staph infection on the left side of my head, so Danny took me in to Community Care. Mom came to watch the kids and they made a gingerbread house.

3 comments:

Amy said...

oh how fun :) so do you get one for each kid every year?
poor you :( is it all better?

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

Yep. We each get our own new ornament and I write the names and year on them. I have only had one break that I haven't replaced, yet. I'm not sure exactly how to fix that one. I made the ones for this year with my cricut, but I broke mine, so when I get another one made this weekend, I'll get pictures up.

Stephanie :) said...

Wow Kaelynn! What a fun tradition! Now I wanna start doing that! :) Your poor face, girl! Hope it goes away and you get all better! Especially before Christmas!