October 5, 2009

First week

I know you'll all want new pictures, but I haven't had a chance to upload them yet. I'll get to it.
We had a really good first week. Dannika is such a good baby. She eats well and sleeps well and is very quiet. (Yes, I know that doesn't last long, but for now it's really nice.) My mom stayed with us for a week and took really good care of us. I'm feeling great and I'm ready to get back into the routine of our life. I'm not sure if it's just because the last few months of this pregnancy were really hard on me or if it just gets easier with each kid, but I have lots of energy and am getting things back in order fairly quickly.
Kleyn had a hard time waking up for preschool this morning. I got him to bed just after nine last night, but I think because it was cold, snowy, and dark this morning, he just didn't wake up. We didn't get going until 9 and he has to be at school at 9:30. Good thing it's close. :) We got him ready in a hurry and he's off to make a paper mache dinosaur egg today. So much fun. He just loves preschool.
Kaleb is adjusting to Dannika and he's still potty training. I just can't get it into his head about #2 going in the toilet. I know that when he gets it, he'll be just great, but I don't know how to get it through his head. He can even get his own pants off and climb up on the toilet all by himself, but I can't get him to poop in the stupid thing. (I'm just a little bit frustrated with it, but I can't go back now. He won't let me.) :)
Danny's working hard and trying to get through these classes. He's having a little bit of a hard time and doesn't know if he's going to pass Calculus this time around. It's really hard when he doesn't have the hands on application to understand why he's doing the math. I wish I could remember some of my senior year so I could help him, but it's gone. Keep him in your thoguhts and prayers.
We made the first fire of the year in our wood burning stove. I'm excited, but I'm not sure that I should be chopping wood just yet, so Danny will have to help me out for a little while. I love having fires. It's a lot of work, but it is definitely one way to stay in shape. :)
Thanks for all the love, comments, and gifts for little Danni. We love her so much and are so glad that she's part of our family. We're going to bless her at the beginning of November. I'll get more pictures up soon.

1 comment:

Lysha said...

I know how Danny feels. He's better at math than me and he's still having a hard time. I've been thinking about when and what classess to take where and I think I might take some at WSU, but even though i'll be going into a history major, you cant avoid the math. It kind of scares me because I want to do good, but I am just so terrible at it. And it wouldnt have any application to what I'm doing whatsoever. Anyway, I feel for you Danny! I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers. Congratulations for Dannika. Good luck with everything all of you!