October 20, 2009

Adventures in Potty Training

The boys' toilet is out of commission for the time being, so they have been using our bathroom. Kleyn went in to use the potty and Kaleb came and told me he needed to go, too. We went in to see if Kleyn was done and he said he wasn't. Kleyn takes FOREVER in the bathroom! He sits there for a while after he's done to make sure, I guess. I had turned around and was just waiting for Kleyn when he said "Mom, Kaleb's goin potty." Sure enough, Kaleb had dropped his drawers and was pooping on my bathroom rug. I asked Kleyn if he was done yet and he said no. I wasn't sure what to do, so I grabbed the garbage can and held Kaleb over it. SO GROSS!!!! After a few minutes of sitting on the potty and not going any more, Kleyn decided he was done. I transferred Kaleb onto the toilet and ushered Kleyn out trying to help him avoid the pile of fun on the floor. His face was precious. Although Kaleb made a mess, I consider it a success because he came and told me he needed to go. It's not his fault his big brother takes an extraordinarily long time on the toilet. I guess I'll be in more trouble when Kleyn can start reading car magazines. One more reason why I don't keep them in the bathroom. ;)
Janae thinks the funniest part of the whole matter is that I had to take the garbage out to the trash burner. She thinks it's hilarious that we had some "flaming poo". I told her at least I didn't put it on someone's doorstep.

No comments: