February 11, 2009

My poor hubby

I feel so bad for Danny. He had to get up at one in the morning to let Maggie in because I had let her out at 12:45 and then had to go in and comfort Kaleb who woke up screaming because he fell asleep by his door and heard me. When I escaped their room it was 1:15. Maggie woke me up whining at 2:00, so I let her out again and she came back 2 minutes later whining and scratching at my door. I dozed in and out because of her whimpering for the next 30 minutes and after letting her out two more times realized she was trying to eat snow and she needed a drink. I got her some water and then went to lay down again when I heard her gag. One more reason not to let your Great Dane sleep inside even though everyone says she needs her own fluffy bed and coat and sweaters like a completely oversize chihuahua. She threw up all over the dining room floor in front of the door that I had just let her out of three times. Nobody wants to clean that mess up, 3 am or not, definitely not an exhausted, nauseated pregnant woman, but especially not a weak stomached, deep sleeping husband who couldn't handle it if he had to. So, I started cleaning it up and half way through I stuck my finger in it and started gagging (as if the smell weren't bad enough) and ran into the bathroom. Luckily I remembered my beautiful pink Playtex gloves that I got for various nasty cleaning jobs that I did not want to have to touch. I always forget them until I'm halfway through a job. They saved my stomach, but I was still crying because I was so grossed out. What a great morning you say? Well, when Danny got up, he noticed that she had done it two more times in the front room and was gagging just trying to tell me it was there. I knew there was a reason moms at to have strong stomachs, a dull sense of smell at times, and not need any sleep.
At least he left me my car to drive today so that I didn't run the boat into another snow bank.

2 comments:

Challis said...

Wait...did I miss something? This is the first I've heard about a pregnancy!

Sterling Family said...

yeah, cleaning up dog messes when your prego is no fun. bowser took a giant crap on destin's mom's floor, and it was nasty. i threw up. several times. and he puked a few times during the morning sickness. the joy of animals eh?