August 16, 2008

Wish me luck

It's time to pick our apples. Since I have lived out here we haven't done anything with our apple tree and it desperately needs some attention. We went out and picked two backs full that didn't have worms in them yet. I hope that we can get a bunch and then Danny can figure out how to prune it and spray it for worms or something. Being a city girl, this is all new to me, so I have found a couple recipes for canning apple pie filling and that's what I'm planning on doing with my apples. Since my mother-in-law was so gracious as to leave behind a bunch of her stuff (and I'm not sure she knows I still have it) I only need a few things to get started. I'm so hoping that they turn out right. I guess the next thing I'll have to do is learn to make apple pie. ;) Wish me luck. Hahaha.
On a side note, I have everything ready for family pictures now, so Shells will come take them for me this week and I'll start getting some pictures up on here again. I know I have been saying that for a month, but I really will. :)
I have gotten a few more quilts done as well, so there will be new pictures up on my quilt blog. Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you! You're such a little homemaker! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Another fun blog for me to read! I'm Tim Cannon's wife by the way! Your layout for you blog is soo cute. Your family has so much fun I love it! :) Mine is www.tkafamily.blogspot.com

shells said...

K .. so I LOVE LOVE LOVE that family picture. And yes, I realize you cannot see anyones face, but I am seriously in love with your little family! Let me count the ways :) haha. I have been messing around with my photo shop .. its not the greatest but I will still bring you the software. I LOVE YOU!

shells said...

K, little mama..
I played with my photoshop a little .. see what I came up with :)

Jill said...

I LOVE your new family picture! So so so cute. You and your boys.
I was going to tell you-you did such a great job playing on Sunday. I am envious of your talent to play! I'm glad I'm getting to know you better. anyway, good luck with the apples, and be sure to share your bounty with your ladies you visit teach. Oh, and all is well with the cats. No worries! "Fluffy" caught (and ate) his first mouse yesterday so Scott says they can stick around...(as if he had a choice in the first place! :)