October 28, 2011

Bathrooms, fieldtrips, and pictures. Oh my!

It has been a little bit of a crazy week. There is no insulation at all in the north wall of our house, so Danny decided it was time to rip out the wall in the bathroom, put in a new window, and put in some insulation.
 
Here's a nice hole Danny found that was just covered, not fixed.
No insulation at all.
There were 3 different wall papers, two different layers of plaster, and a layer of old tile.
Danny was making too much noise for the kids to sleep.
There are three layers of flooring. The top two are bad, but the bottom one is still good.
Here's my nice hole in the wall.
If we have time and funds, he'll do the same with both of the kids' rooms this winter. Hopefully it will help a lot with the heating.
Both of the boys had field trips this week. Kaleb got to go to the fire station and the pumpkin patch. I didn't get a picture of the pumpkin patch because my camera died, but his teacher got some, so I will get them from her.
Then we all got to go to the corn maze with Kleyn.
 I think we're pretty  much ready for Halloween. Now I have to get picture frames painted and ready for family pictures next weekend. :) I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Dad said...

did he have fun with his new tools? Looks like he did a pretty good job, but then I forget he worked construction for a while didn't he. Hope it helps keep the house warmer. It should really help in the nursery when you get it done. Hope you all have a nice Halloween. Wish we could be around more often.

Amy said...

you gotta make sure you put up photos when you are done with the bathroom :) I love the little field trip photos you go on with the kids.