June 5, 2011

Kaleb's Electrical Fun

Another first at our house. While cleaning the boys' bedroom, Kaleb got one of the lanyards out to play with. It had a single key ring on it and he had a brilliant idea. He unplugged the CD player, put the ring around the prongs, and then plugged it back in. I heard the sparking noise and when I turned around my poor little boy had a terrible look on his face. He had the lanyard around his neck, so he couldn't get away from the sparks and he was panicking. He tried pulling the plug out again before I could get to him which made more sparks and then threw the breaker. I pulled the plug out and the ring had melted to the prongs and turned the outlet black. We left the breaker off until Danny could get home to look at it. He said it didn't really hurt the outlet, it just made the outside black. Kleyn was so upset because he didn't think he could listen to his Disney CD anymore. We all had a little talk about what was really important (Kaleb being safe and not starting a fire) and about never playing with the outlets.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad nobody got hurt :)