I was just realeased from our primary after two and a half years of being the pianist. I honestly didn't think I would be so upset. It was the first day of Sunbeams for Kleyn and the first day of nursery for Kaleb, so EVERYTHING is changing. I'm so grateful for the chance I have had being with our primary kids. I am so grateful for the wonderful women I have served with. When I started in the primary there were two pianists and we were supposed to take turns playing. I admit that I wasn't the most faithful church goer and was there less than half of the time. When they released the other pianist and I missed church, I got a phone call from the primary president telling me that they really needed me to be there. I guess it was nice to feel needed and I made a goal to be there every week. This last year they changed the primary presidency and it was so fun to get to know the ladies and to sit back and watch the kids. I am definitely going to miss listening to the kids as they learn gospel principles and their beautiful singing. I know I learned a great lesson from being in the primary and I know there are many more things that I will learn with other callings.
I have been called to be the choir pianist, so that should be a new adventure. I guess this means I am still supposed to be working on my musical abilities and I am grateful for the chance to do so. I'm a little bit nervous, as with anything new, but I'm sure there is a reason I am supposed to be there.
May Photo Dump
2 years ago
1 comment:
Congrats on your new calling! Way to go. It makes me wish I had kept up with my piano skills a bit better than I have. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment