I can't help but feel someone is taking care of us. Not too long after dinner this evening we were having a little Christmas brownie and watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when our doorbell rang. We weren't expecting anyone, so I thought it was some sweet girls from church driving around in the snow dropping off cookies or something. When we got the dogs under control so we could open the door, we found four boxes of food and a gift bag. They were filled with all of the things that we are constantly using and constantly needing. Sugar, salt, butter, oil, tuna, canned goods, cereal, chips, honey, katsup, marshmallows, chocolate chips, baking powder, chicken, ham, peanut butter...a lot like my grocery list I have been trying to put together. I was a little bit overwhelmed that anyone would think to give us such a great gift. We got to the gift bag hoping that there would be a card or a note so we could thank someone for the gift. We found a 3x5 card along with 7 gift cards and a gift certificate. The 3x5 card just told us what and who the gift cards were for. They totalled up to one of Danny's paychecks. I have been super emotional this Christmas, so of course I had tears streaming down my cheeks. We are so looked after and taken care of and at times I definitely feel like I don't deserve it. I'm grateful that even when we are weak others still see how hard we try and see our needs. Our home has definitely been filled with the spirit of Christmas and I just hope I can continue to pass it on. Thank you to the wonderful people who made our wintery night that much brighter.
7 comments:
Thats awesome little lady!
And NO! I dont eat the ducks. Blake is going to make jerky out of them. More power to him. :)
That is so great! Merry Christmas!
You deserve it sweetie..you definitely deserve it.
I miss my babies! Bring them back. Just bring them to my house! Just do it!
Wow! There are angels watching over you! Wonderful story, couldn't help but tear up while reading. You are truly blessed!
It probably did freeze, but its the heavy snow that blocks our reception rather than the ice. But yes, I am the thmartetht of them all! :)
That is so wonderful, Kaelynn! You guys definitely are being watched out for. It is stories like this one that bring out the spirit of Christmas. I just love it. I hope you guys had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment