I love decorating for Christmas. It's one of my favorite things to do because it's so fun and the whole family gets in on it and it's really a magical night for me.
Having said that, I did things a little bit different this year and I regret it. We usually have Danny put all the lights up and then we get to decorate when he's done. He helps a little bit with the decorating, but the lights really are his forte. We also always have a real Christmas tree. When I was little we always went up to my grandparents' cabin and got a tree. This year we decided that it's going to be tight for the next few years, so we should get a fake one to use until Danny is out of school and we have enough money to buy or go get a fresh one every year. It didn't seem like to bad of an idea until I decided that I would put it up and put the lights on it while Danny was at work and school because he wouldn't be home in time to help and I was too anxious to decorate (I also had a three year old at my heels asking when we were going to put the lights on the tree). I got all the lights on, but I didn't have enough, so there's a spot right at eye level that doesn't have lights. I still have to go buy one more strand of white lights to finish it. We kept going with the decorating anyway. When I was finally done putting on the lights I was so frazzled and annoyed that I was not in the mood to decorate let alone help my kids do it. I was in such a cranky mood. I let Kleyn put a few on and then I finished while Kaleb took a nap. It turned out alright, but it was not the happy family event that it has been in the past and I have definitely learned my lesson.



I didn't realize I had three nativities until I opened the boxes my mom gave me. She doesn't think she has enough room to decorate anymore, so she gave a bunch of her old stuff to me. I might have to find someone that needs one because I just like having the one to put on my piano.
So fun to actually hang the stockings by the fireplace. I don't know what I'll do when we have a bigger family. :)
On another note, we are headed up to Washington for Christmas on Tuesday and I'm way excited for everything but the driving on snowy roads and passes. The rest of Danny's family will be there except Jayme, Ben, and kids. We will miss you and be thinking of you. We love you guys!
Having said that, I did things a little bit different this year and I regret it. We usually have Danny put all the lights up and then we get to decorate when he's done. He helps a little bit with the decorating, but the lights really are his forte. We also always have a real Christmas tree. When I was little we always went up to my grandparents' cabin and got a tree. This year we decided that it's going to be tight for the next few years, so we should get a fake one to use until Danny is out of school and we have enough money to buy or go get a fresh one every year. It didn't seem like to bad of an idea until I decided that I would put it up and put the lights on it while Danny was at work and school because he wouldn't be home in time to help and I was too anxious to decorate (I also had a three year old at my heels asking when we were going to put the lights on the tree). I got all the lights on, but I didn't have enough, so there's a spot right at eye level that doesn't have lights. I still have to go buy one more strand of white lights to finish it. We kept going with the decorating anyway. When I was finally done putting on the lights I was so frazzled and annoyed that I was not in the mood to decorate let alone help my kids do it. I was in such a cranky mood. I let Kleyn put a few on and then I finished while Kaleb took a nap. It turned out alright, but it was not the happy family event that it has been in the past and I have definitely learned my lesson.



I didn't realize I had three nativities until I opened the boxes my mom gave me. She doesn't think she has enough room to decorate anymore, so she gave a bunch of her old stuff to me. I might have to find someone that needs one because I just like having the one to put on my piano.
So fun to actually hang the stockings by the fireplace. I don't know what I'll do when we have a bigger family. :)
On another note, we are headed up to Washington for Christmas on Tuesday and I'm way excited for everything but the driving on snowy roads and passes. The rest of Danny's family will be there except Jayme, Ben, and kids. We will miss you and be thinking of you. We love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment