1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever I have, so usually gift bags because I reuse them, but this year it has to be wrapping paper because none of my bags are big enough for the boxes.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I definitely prefer real, but this year we have a fake one.
3. When do you put up the tree? December 4th for my Grandma Morgan's birthday
4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas. Time to get back to real life and get ready for New Years game night.
5. Do you like eggnog? Danny thinks this is so weird, but I like the store bought kind. He really likes the homemade kind his mom makes, but I think it's too sweet.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? One year we were adopted by another family for Christmas and I got these really neat journals. I look back at them and think of the silly things I wrote in them, but it meant so much to me that year. I was also really excited when Danny made me my quilt stands. Those are probably the best gift of my adult life.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Depends on if I'm trying to be sneaky or not. I'm not really a surprise person...blame that on my mom...so it's difficult for me if someone wants to be surprised instead of just telling me what they want.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Usually Danny when he gives me part numbers, or my boys because they are still relatively non-biased. They will take anything and play with anything (see the post about boxes.)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Three of them...Shells, do you want one?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither. I guess I haven't gotten in that habit yet. There are just so many I would want to send and I'm afraid I wouldn't have the time or patience. I guess I should work on that.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Umm...a bike that I really didn't want because I asked for a BMX bike and I got an old granny bike with huge handle bars. I think that's part of why I don't like surprises.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Muppet Christmas Carol
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as my budget will allow. I really like to get things done early, but when the budget it tight, we just have to do what we can when we can.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Honestly I don't think so unless it was for a white elephant...if I ever got rid of a present without using it I usually took it to a consigment shop to get some money out of it.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate oranges, a good breakfast (waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, whatever we can think of), and beef stick always reminds me of my dad because we usually did that, cheese and crackers to snack on all day.
16. Lights on the tree? Always. I usually like the white ones, but Danny got some that each light bulb is half red and half green and they look pretty awesome on the tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night...as long as someone doesn't try to make it all pop-ish
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I would rather stay home, but I'm willing to sacrifice for my in-laws that I love so much. ;)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen, but do you recall the most wonderful reindeer of all?Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Lighted star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually did Christmas jamies on Christmas Eve, but I have so many and Danny doesn't like how they bunch up on his legs, so we don't really do that anymore, although I might start again for the boys. I'm not sure that they need any more jamas, either, though.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Driving in the snow with scary drivers.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like to try and do a different one every year like my dad did. One of my favorites was when he hung a box on the ceiling and it looked like the decorations were falling out of it onto the tree. I know we did an upside down tree once, but I don't really remember it...and I don't know if or how we watered it.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want books. I have been on a reading kick and I'm almost done with the series I'm reading right now. I asked for the Grey's Anatomy soundtracks as well. I couldn't really think of anything else that I wanted or needed.
May Photo Dump
2 years ago
1 comment:
Oooh that is a great gift to ask for, Grey's soundtracks!! That gives me an idea for Che!! Thanks friend! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas! Love ya!
Post a Comment