January 29, 2013

It Keeps On Pouring

Saturday when the kids were playing, they dropped a toy down the stairs and then came back up to tell me that there was water on the floor. Because of the warm temperatures and all of the snow melting, our basement flooded again. The guys were all here, so they helped Danny take care of everything.
Monday we had a snow day and the boys were so excited to stay home. It turned out to be a really nice day and the boys got to play out in the snow for a couple of hours. They came back in and had a late lunch, but shortly before dinner time Kaleb was complaining about a headache and then he started throwing up. We're trying to figure out what's going on with him because this has happened three times in the last month. We're thinking it might be some kind of allergy so I need to keep a close eye on him and everything he eats.
Today the boys and Danny were getting ready and the shower wouldn't drain at all. Then Danny went down to get something from the freezer for lunch and found that it had quit working. I called around to borrow some coolers so that I could get all of the food from the freezer out into the snow without the cats getting to it.
We got a new freezer delivered and they took away the old one for us. Danny came home for lunch and brought some stuff to clean out the drain. Kaleb is doing just fine today and doesn't seem to have anything wrong, so I'm fairly sure it's not a flu bug or something. I need to get everything cleared out of the basement bedroom so that we can tear out the carpet and then get the snow blower out so that I can clear some more of the snow around the house.
It's been a crazy stressful month and I'm ready for it to be over.

1 comment:

Amy said...

:( I hope things have started to look up already. We'll give you some stress relief when we come visit :)