Danny got in a wreck last Friday. A semi with two trailers rolled through a stop sign and pulled out right in front of him on our nice slippery road. He thought he might be able to miss it and was only doing 20 when he saw the second trailer and knew he wasn't going to be able to stop with the ice. He wasn't hurt, but he was so upset about his truck. He has a '77 GMC truck that was in perfect condition. When he got the truck there was no damage to it, no work had been done on it, there was no rust, the interior was in great condition, it ran perfectly, and it only had 17,000 original miles on it. When he came home and told me about it he was only concerned about his truck. It made me laugh a little bit because just a few minutes after he left with the suburban and the trailer to pick up his truck, I got three calls from three different ladies who had seen him and wanted to know if he was alright. I heard nothing but relief in their voices when I told them he was alright and not much concern at all when the truck was mentioned. It just shows how different men and women are. We are all glad that he was driving his truck and not his mustang. He would have been under the tires if he had been driving his car. We're still waiting to hear back from their insurance company, but if I haven't heard back this week I'll call them again. For now he's going to drive the Tahoe, so we're glad we didn't get it sold.
Kleyn pulled his tooth out on Sunday. We had been trying to get it out for a few days, but I could never get a good grip on it and he wasn't very patient with us. He was playing with it while we were sitting in church, so I told him to twist it a little bit. I didn't think he would do it, but he twisted it for a couple of minutes and the next thing I know there's this little man in a suit with a bloody mouth and a big grin.
When we got home he had me make a tooth pillow for him so the tooth fairy would have somewhere to put his money. He loved it. There are a few things I would do different and I forgot to hem the pocket, but for a quick little project it turned out pretty cute. He said that now he would be like everyone else in his class because they were all missing teeth.
When we got home he had me make a tooth pillow for him so the tooth fairy would have somewhere to put his money. He loved it. There are a few things I would do different and I forgot to hem the pocket, but for a quick little project it turned out pretty cute. He said that now he would be like everyone else in his class because they were all missing teeth.
Dannika's finger has gotten so much better in just a couple weeks. It looked a lot better after the first week. There's still a little scab on her nail bed and there's still a stitch that's not wanting to dissolve, but other than that it's doing great. After that first week she wouldn't keep a band-aid on it. Here's what it looked like the first time I had to change the bandage
and here's what it looks like now.
With all the blood and trauma going on around here, Kaleb felt a little bit left out, so when they went sledding with Josh, he felt the need to put his face in the middle of the inner-tube and get run over. He wanted me to make sure and take a picture of his scratched up eye. :)
Annie is 7 months now, sitting up on her own, and eating baby food like a champ. She was 14 lbs. 9 oz. at her 6 month appointment. The doctors are disappointed because she dropped down a little bit on her curve, but I think she's doing just great. She is up to eating fruits and veggies twice a day. We're trying to get her on a good nighttime schedule, but it's hard to do when she's sick and can't breathe. She wakes up because her nose is all stuffed up and then she wants to eat because she's awake. Giving her baths is a lot easier because she can sit up now. Isn't she just a cute little bananie? I can't seem to get a cute picture of her with her mouth closed.

2 comments:
oh my goodness! hope next week is a lot better for you with no injuries! :) we love and miss you! Annie is soooo cute! It's amazing how fast they grow up.
I was so sad when Andy told me Danny got in an accident, but so relieved when I heard Danny was just fine :) I'm sorry about the truck though :( love all the photos of the kids and that tooth pillow turned out cute! We miss you all!
Post a Comment