That's right. I turned 28. Although I feel like most of the weekend was spent cleaning (nothing new there), Danny took Friday off and we hung out all day and then made Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin for dinner.

It wasn't an extremely eventful day, but I like to have Danny home whenever I can. I will say it's because I just love him so much (which is true), but he also says I'm just a super needy girl (which is also true). Saturday was spent cleaning, making dinner for the guys, cleaning again, having a girl's game night, and then cleaning again. Although half of my guests came and went (varying reasons for why they couldn't come/stay of which I completely understood all of them), it was pretty fun. We made a yummy fruit dip (thanks for helping Steph!) and played games for almost three hours. I don't get to do game night very often anymore and Danny likes taking the kids out instead of having to play himself. I did wake up Sunday morning extremely stiff and sore wondering why on earth I didn't just go out to dinner again like I did last year, especially considering how this little girl is affecting me right now. It still turned out pretty great and my house is still fairly clean. I'm kind of sad I didn't get any pictures taken.
I can't believe we are down to the last month of school for the kids. Kaleb's preschool graduation is on May 23rd and I can't wait to see him up there with all of his classmates singing and having so much fun. He has loved being in preschool and has made some good friends. He is super excited about going to Kindergarten next year and being able to ride the bus with his big brother.
Kleyn is doing well and he just keeps plugging along. He doesn't hardly fight me about his homework anymore and he's still progressing with his reading. I know that he is still my 6 year old, but I have seen him grow up so much this year and he is more of a little man every day.
Dannika just loves her brothers and she loves telling Kleyn good-bye every morning when he gets on the bus. She has to stand at the door or the window waving until the bus is out of sight. She loves it when they come home and she gets to greet them. She also loves when her Daddy comes home and runs to be the first one in his arms. She still takes a nap every day which I am grateful for because the boys stopped taking naps after they turned two. She loves nursery and yells "I'm back!!!" whenever she has to leave to go potty. She loves playing in the dirt out back, but knows when she's dirty enough to be done. She loves taking baths and every time we give her one I notice that her hair is already half way down her back. I keep thinking I need to get it cut so that it's even and looks nice, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Danny is really excited because Josh has planned a dirt bike ride tomorrow after work. I love that he gets to go and has friends to go with, but I'm always glad when he gets home safe afterwards.
I'm getting excited for the Baird family reunion at the end of May and being able to sleep in after school is out. I know I will have a whole other month before Annistyn gets here, but it will be nice to not have to get up at 6 every morning. I like to snuggle and sleep in.
Here are the recipes for this week.
Spanish Chicken Cutlets with Yogurt Sauce
Baked Salmon with Lime Vinaigrette
and Spaghetti with Summer Vegetable Sauce
(I didn't get around to making it last time.)

I haven't been taking too many pictures, so I'm sorry that these are picture-less updates, but I will try to do better. I need to get some pictures up of the kids.

4 comments:
Are your kids good with trying all the new dishes you make? They all look so yummy!
They have to try everything, but they don't have to keep eating it if they don't like it. They have all done really well with most of the meats and they always have to eat at least one vegetable with dinner. The ones they didn't really like were the potato soup, the tex-mex chicken and rice, and the blue cheese quesadilas (which Danny and I didn't like either). It has definitely helped Kleyn with school lunches, though, because he will try new things there now where he wouldn't when he started.
MMM! What dish would you recommend out of the ones you've tried? We get to see you all in less than a month!
They are all so good! The best pasta one is the loaded carbonara. I liked the balsamic steak the best, but I would use spinach instead of arugula for the salad. I loved the salad that went with the mediterranean grilled chicken. And the orange-glazed pork medallions were awesome. If you want any recipes I can send them to you. :)
Post a Comment